Apple shine sangria is taking the world by storm. A refreshing and crisp apple cocktail made with apple pie moonshine, fresh apples, warm spices, Pinot Noir, apple cider, and more. A tasty apple pie sangria with a delicious twist.
If you are looking for a new moonshine drink recipe to try out, this moonshine cocktail will win you over. The perfect cocktail for fall!
Why This Apple Shine Sangria Is A Popular Cocktail…
- Made with fresh sliced apples
- Warm spices add depth to this sweet cocktail
- Real apple cider paired with cocktail
- Apple Pie Moonshine makes this sangria stand out above the rest
Ingredients Needed For Apple Shine Sangria Recipe
How to Make Moonshine Sangria
Use a wooden spoon and mix up the cocktail drink, and store in the refrigerator for 2 hours to overnight. This is going to give the mixture time for the flavors to blend together.
Serve in glasses with ice, and garnish with a cinnamon stick or two, and sliced apples.
This apple shine sangria can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Make sure the pitcher is sealed, or it can take on odors from the fridge.
If you leave the sangria moonshine in the fridge for more than 2 days, remove the lemon rinds, as it can become bitter as it sits. Feel free to remove the apples as well, and replace them with fresh ones right before you go to serve them.
Expert Tips and Variations To Recipe
- If you want a bubbly apple pie sangria then leave the ginger ale out until right before serving.
- Make sure to stir well before serving, to mix the drink up well.
- Ensure you allow the moonshine cocktail to sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Otherwise it won’t allow time for the flavors to blend together.
- Use a mix of Green apples, Honey crisps, etc. This will add dimension to your drink.
- Reach for your favorite red dry wine to replace the Pinot if you would like.
What if my red wine isn’t sweet?
If you do not use Pinot Noir and find the red wine you are going to use less sweet, simply add a bit more brown sugar. This will help reduce the tart and dryness and replace it with some sweetness.
What is the difference between apple cider and apple juice?
The process of how apple cider and juice are made is a lot different. Apple juice is a very clear and sweet liquid. Where apple cider can have a tart and sweet flavor with warm spices. You will also find cider is a different color and slightly thicker texture than plain juice.
Where to buy unfiltered apple cider?
Head to your grocery store’s produce section you can find it there and shop in the refrigerated section. Or if you live near an apple orchard, you could head in and buy it that way. Check your local farmer’s market.
Where do you buy apple pie moonshine?
Apple pie moonshine can be purchased online at designated shops, or at most liquor stores. There are a handful of brands that sell this flavor of moonshine. So buy what you think you will enjoy the most. It is delicious alcohol to sip on in the fall months.
The best variety of apples to use?
Reach for Gala, Green Apples, Honeycrisp, and Red Delicious apples. All of these apples work great and each one can bring something new to the drink. I used gala and red delicious. But feel free to try out different varieties.
More Must Make Drink Recipes
- Mulled apple cider is going to win you over after one sip. A refreshing and delicious apple cider that is bursting with warm spices.
- For a cold and summer inspired cocktail try this frozen pina colada. Pineapple and coconut collide in a refreshing way.
- Another apple cocktail is this apple and gin cocktail. A great party drink or cocktail to make after a long day at the office.
Let me know if you try this apple shine sangria! It has been a hit every single time I serve it up!
Hi, I’m Kim! If you’re sick of coming up with answers for anything from hungry tummies to quick remedies, my blog is for you!