Banana Cream Frozen Yogurt. You do not need a bulky ice cream maker to enjoy delicious frozen treats at homePrint
You don’t need a bulky ice cream maker to enjoy delicious frozen treats at home. This homemade frozen yogurt consists of just a few ingredients and doesn’t require any churning or complicated equipment.
The secret to success with this recipe is finding the right balance between the tangy Greek yogurt and more mild cream cheese. If you use regular yogurt instead, you may want to use a little more because it is less creamy than Greek varieties.
- 2 large bananas
- ½ c. Plain Greek Yogurt, full fat
- 6-oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
- ¾ T. real vanilla extract
- ¼ c. honey, preferably local
- Peel and cut bananas into thin slices. Place banana slices in a plastic freezer-safe bag and place in the freezer until frozen.
- Add yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and frozen banana slices to powerful blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. (If necessary, add 2-3 tablespoons of water to the blender to loosen the mixture).
- While blending, drizzle in honey until thoroughly combined with other ingredients. Once blended, taste mixture and add more honey, if desired.
- Transfer contents of blender to a freezer safe dish and cover tightly. Place in freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. Scoop into individual chilled serving dishes and garnish with slices of fresh banana or other favorite toppings.
Tip: Regular vanilla extract will affect the color of this dish. To prevent this, choose a clear vanilla extract instead. However, be sure to read labels carefully because most clear extracts are imitation.
Optional Toppings: Fresh banana slices, Shredded coconut, Chocolate sauce, Crushed graham crackers, Crushed nuts
Hey now, don’t run off just yet to see if you have all the ingredients for this Banana Cream Frozen Yogurt, be sure you have subscribed so you do not miss out on future recipes, blogging tips, lifestyle tips or blog giveaways. Okay, now it is your turn don’t forget to come back and let me know in the comments how it turned out for you!
Speaking of blog giveaways grab your FREE: 10 ways to save $ on Amazon
Hi there, I’m a Mom, Food & Lifestyle Blogger, Follow along for Tips + Tricks, Inspiration, Motivation, Recipes, Travel, Family & Fun.