This is a meal all on its own. Cheesy Crash Hot Potatoes, If you are tired of plain baked potatoes, you’ll want to give this crispy alternative a try. Crash Hot Potatoes originated in Australia.Print
Cheesy Crash Hot Potatoes
If you are tired of plain baked potatoes, you’ll want to give this crispy alternative a try. Crash hot potatoes originated in Australia and were made famous by the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. Ree credits Australian food writer, Jill Dupleix, for developing the basic recipe. You can read about its history here: (Link to the original post included below).
This adapted version features aged Asiago cheese, which hails from the northeastern part of Italy. It's robust; nutty flavor adds an exciting dimension to the crispy, baked potato base. Delicious butter and fresh parsley round out the flavors to create a fabulous dish your family will love!
- 1 lb. small red potatoes
- 5 T. unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 4 oz. aged Asiago cheese, freshly grated
- 3 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Boil a large pot of salted water and add potatoes. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain pot and set potatoes aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, place potatoes on prepared baking sheet and mash with a potato masher until flat. Leave room for potatoes, so they are not overcrowded.
- Top each potato with butter and half the Asiago cheese and fresh parsley. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes browned nicely
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from:
Tip: If you do not have a potato masher, you can use the bottom of a heavy coffee mug or soup bowl to flatten the potatoes. (Choose a sturdy item that won’t crack from the pressure of pushing down on the boiled potatoes)
For me, this is a meal all in its owns right? I've been known to demolish half the pan my self-don't judge haha I think its all about the Asiago Cheese.
Hey now, don't run off just yet to see if you have all the ingredients for these Cheesy Crash Hot Potatoes, be sure you have subscribed so you do not miss out on future recipes, blogging tips, lifestyle tips or blog giveaways. As always, if you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you below
Speaking of blog giveaways grab your FREE: 10 ways to save $ on Amazon
Hi there, I'm a Mom, Lifestyle Blogger, I'm sharing, Tips + Tricks, Inspiration, Motivation, Recipes, Travel, Family & Fun.