Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde
This tasty, versatile dish can be used just about anywhere you’d use traditional tomato salsa
This tasty, versatile dish can be used just about anywhere you’d use traditional tomato salsa. For example, it can be used to dress up everything from eggs to enchiladas, and it is fantastic when stirred into your favorite soup and chili recipes.
- 1 lb. tomatillos
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers
- 3–4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 2 t. dried oregano
- Optional: 1 T. honey
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- Husk tomatillos and cut in half. Arrange tomatillos in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, along with whole jalapeno peppers and garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and toss gently to coat.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut jalapeno peppers in half and remove seeds before transferring the roasted veggies to a blender or food processor. Add green onion, cilantro, lime juice, ground cumin, and oregano. Pulse until ingredients are combined, but the mixture is still a little chunky.
- Taste and add a drizzle of honey to sweeten, if desired. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately or freeze for later use. Enjoy!
Hey, now don’t run off just yet to see if you have all the ingredients for this Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde, be sure you have subscribed so you do not miss out on future recipes, lifestyle tips or blog giveaways. Okay, my friends, it is now your turn, don’t forget to come back and let me know in the comments how it turned out for you! I want to hear all about it.
Speaking of blog giveaways grab your FREE: 10 ways to save $ on Amazon
HAND PICKED RECIPES FOR YOU
I love and use these recommended resources; I hope these resources can help you too!
MiloTree | One Smart Popup
Hi there, I’m a Mom, Food & Lifestyle Blogger, Follow along for Tips + Tricks, Inspiration, Motivation, Recipes, Travel, Family & Fun.