Garden Veggie Mason Jar Salad with Homemade Dressing. The beauty of Mason jar salads is they offer the perfect solution for a satisfying, nutritious lunch on the go or as a quick and easy weeknight dinner.Print
The beauty of Mason jar salads is they offer the perfect solution for a satisfying, nutritious lunch on the go or as a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
The key to success with Mason jar salads is the order you add your ingredients. Always add the dressing first, followed by harder vegetables that won’t break down from the dressing. Next, add softer, more tender vegetables and legumes. Last, but not least, add green leafy vegetables and fresh herbs on top so they don’t get all soggy from the dressing.
You can experiment and use any combination of ingredients you prefer. This vegetarian version is filled with fresh garden goodies, but don’t hesitate to add your own touch in the form of cooked chicken or beef, rice, quinoa, beans, and/or your favorite types of cheese. Just be sure to add the softer ingredients toward the top to keep them nice and fresh!
Basic Balsamic Dressing:
- 2/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. good balsamic vinegar
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 t. fresh oregano leaves
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 T. honey
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium English cucumbers, chopped
- 2 large bell peppers, seeded, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ c. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ c. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- To prepare the dressing, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, lime juice, and honey together in a small glass or another non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Set aside.
- Wash and pat dry all vegetables before prepping. Toss Romaine lettuce, parsley, and basil in a medium bowl to combine. Divide all vegetables into 6 equal portions and set aside.
- Divide dressing among the 6 mason jars. Add a layer of chopped cucumbers to each jar, followed by a layer of bell peppers. Next, add chickpeas and then the grape tomatoes. Top each jar with the lettuce-herb mixture and seal with a lid.
- Store salads in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Each salad will last 4-5 days. To serve, remove from refrigerator and pour each jar into a salad bowl and enjoy!
6 quart-sized mason jars
Hey now, don't run off just yet to see if you have all the ingredients for this Garden Veggie Mason Jar Salad with Homemade Dressing. Be sure you have subscribed, so you do not miss out on future recipes, blogging tips, lifestyle tips or blog giveaways. Okay now, it is your turn, don’t forget to come back and let me know in the comments how it turned out for you! I want to hear all about it.
Speaking of blog giveaways grab your FREE: 10 ways to save $ on Amazon
HAND PICKED RECIPES FOR YOU
- Gluten-Free Garlic Parmesan Turkey Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Hearty Classic Beef Stew
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Roasted Garlic Dip
- Cloud Eggs with Asiago Cheese & Chives
Below are my most recommended resources; you will love, moreover help you too!
SocialWarfare | The must have WordPress plugin
Hi there, I'm a Mom, Lifestyle Blogger, I'm sharing, Tips + Tricks, Inspiration, Motivation, Recipes, Travel, Family & Fun.