Instant Pot-Stuffed Peppers
Instant Pot- Stuffed Peppers are extremely easy to make and very tasty! An easy weeknight meal. These Stuffed Bell Peppers will become your new family favorite.
- Author: Kim
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Instant Pot
- 4 large green peppers (cut and deseeded)
- 1 lb. ground lean beef or turkey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 can French onion soup
- 2 x ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ cups uncooked rice
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (or any cooking oil)
- Set your pressure cooker to Sauté mode.
- When the cooker is hot, add oil to the pot, and then add diced onions. Sauté onions until brown and caramelized.
- Add ground meat, salt, and pepper. Brown meat, breaking it into small pieces.
- Add a french onion soup, rice, and water. Mix. There’ll be some liquid from the meat already. Be careful not to add too much water to the mixture so the rice won’t get too wet.
- Cancel sauté mode. Cover cooker, making sure to lock the lid. Set steam release to seal.
- Set cooker to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick release after cooking is done. Stir rice & meat mixture.
- Stuff green peppers with mixture.
- Remove extra mixture from the cooker. Add ¼ cup water to cooker.
- Return stuffed peppers to the cooker, set cooker to steam for 4 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick or natural release after cooking time.