Introduction to SEO and Keywords
Before the internet, people relied on any number of ways to find your business: the Yellow Pages section of the phone book, television and radio advertising, and billboards and other roadway signs. Although they may seem antiquated now compared to running a quick search on your favorite search engine, these were staples of successfully marketing your business not long ago. All you needed was some excellent graphics and a witty tagline — you did not have to worry about anything like SEO and keywords.
Moreover, truth told, some of those methods still work well for attracting some people if they are in your target market.
However, in the 21st century, most people look for answers to their problems online much more often than they do offline. Meaning if you do not have an active strategy for marketing online, you could spend much money on “old school” advertising and marketing mediums only to find them ineffectual.
Today you have to keep internet search engines happy if you want a consistent flow of visitors looking for your products and services. Even if you run an offline business, your online marketing efforts — and this includes your website or blog — need to be found by the search engines.
There are two key factors search engines use to find your content and rank it in their search results:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Keywords and Keyword Phrases
The Internet is Getting more and more Sophisticated
In the early days of the internet, being found by search engines depending on how often specific keywords appeared in your content. That meant you could just repeat a keyword over and over, and your web page or piece of material would rank high in search results for that particular word. Most of the time, it also meant that your content was either hidden beneath all those keywords or hard to read — something that the audience does not enjoy when they are trying to find answers. As search engines evolved, they realized that this type of “keyword stuffing” resulted in poor content. Search engines changed their algorithms, as they frequently do, and SEO has also changed as a result.
In this course, you will discover the essentials of search engine optimization, of which keywords play an important part. Keep internet search engines happy by giving them what they want, and they will return the favor by making you comfortable with lots of targeted traffic to your web properties.
Upon completion of this course, you will have a firm understanding of:
- How search engines work
- Why search engines choose one web page over another
- Why search engine optimization is necessary
- Current search engine ranking factors
- How to design your content, so you get found online
- How to structure your content for both human beings and search engines
- What keywords are, and how to choose the most relevant keyword phrases
- What role keywords play in the search engine ranking process
- How to perform basic keyword research
- The right way to add keywords to your content
- The importance of ongoing testing and monitoring
- How to measure and track your SEO efforts
At the end of each module, there are learning activities to complete.
These give you hands-on experience and will dramatically improve your understanding of the importance of keywords and search engine optimization for your online marketing success.
This has helped me with more of an understanding of SEO & Keywords. I wanted to share this with you all as I know there are many people just like my self who are struggling with this very same thing.
Ready to start mastering the basics of search engine optimization and proper keyword use for more success online?
Hey now, don't run off just yet, be sure you have subscribed so you do not miss out on future recipes, blogging tips, lifestyle tips or blog giveaways.
Speaking of blog giveaways grab your FREE: 10 ways to save $ on Amazon
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE RECENT ARTICLES
- How To Handle Negative People on Facebook
- 5 Facts Tailwind Is the Most Versatile Marketing Approach
- Why Adults Are Still Flocking To Coloring Books
- The Benefits of Keeping a Bullet Journal
- Transverse Myelitis What You Need to Know
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE RECENT RECIPES
- Spicy Sweet Corn Chowder
- Slow Cooker Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mulled Apple Cider
- Chorizo-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Below are, recommended services, products, and companies that I love and use regularly. To help you save time and money! I’d certainly appreciate you using my affiliate links below. As always, if you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you below