Slow Cooker Beef Broccoli
What a quick and easy recipe that can be pulled together fast, for an easy-peasy weeknight meal.Print
Slow Cooker Beef Broccoli
This tasty beef broccoli recipe can be pulled together quickly for a fast and easy weeknight meal. To avoid mushy vegetables, don’t add them until 15 to 20 minutes before this dish done the cooking. The frozen broccoli does not need defrosting before cooking, so feel free to add them directly from the bag into your slow cooker. Actual cooking times will vary by individual unit, so be sure to observe the first time you prepare this recipe to achieve desired results.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinners
- 1½ lbs. beef stew meat, cut into chunks
- 1½ c. beef stock
- 3–4 cloves peeled garlic (minced)
- ½ c. gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 T. honey
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. arrowroot
- 1 14-oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 3 c. brown rice, cooked
- 1 T. toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Add beef stew chunks to 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock.
- In a glass mixing bowl or other non-reactive bowl, whisk beef stock, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Pour mixture on top of beef. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- To create a thicker sauce, create a slurry by combing 2 tablespoons of arrowroot with ¼ cup of liquid from the slow cooker. Set aside.
- 15-20 minutes before done cooking, remove lid and stir in the arrowroot slurry, then the frozen broccoli and red bell pepper. Cover and finish cooking.
- Serve immediately with cooked brown rice and a drizzle of sauce from the slow cooker. Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds before serving, if desired.
Tip: Adding the vegetables 15-20 minutes before done cooking will yield crisp-tender results. Cook longer for softer veggies.
Keywords: Slow Cooker, Beef Broccoli
PIN IT FOR LATER! Follow Kim Schob on Pinterest!
Hey now, don’t run off just yet to see if you have all the ingredients for this Slow Cooker Beef Broccoli, be sure you have subscribed, so you do not miss out on future recipes, blogging tips, lifestyle tips or blog giveaways. Okay, my friends, it is now your turn, don’t forget to come back and let me know in the comments how it turned out for you! I want to hear all about it.
Speaking of blog giveaways grab your FREE: 10 ways to save $ on Amazon
Hi, I’m Kim! I hope you will make this a daily stop, so you don’t miss out on all the great things that are coming your way, incredible recipes, freebies, printables, and so much more! We have what you need when you need it! Let’s connect! See ya soon!