Slow Cooker Beef Broccoli. What a quick and easy recipe that can be pulled together fast, for an easy-peasy weeknight meal.
This tasty beef broccoli recipe can be pulled together quickly for a fast and easy weeknight meal. To avoid mushy vegetables, don’t add them until 15 to 20 minutes before this dish done the cooking.
The frozen broccoli does not need defrosting before cooking, so feel free to add them directly from the bag into your slow cooker. Actual cooking times will vary by individual unit, so be sure to observe the first time you prepare this recipe to achieve desired results.
- 1½ lbs. beef stew meat, cut into chunks 1½ c. beef stock
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ c. gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 T. honey
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. arrowroot
- 1 14-oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 3 c. brown rice, cooked
- 1 T. toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Add beef stew chunks to 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock.
- In a medium glass or other non-reactive bowl, whisk beef stock, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Pour mixture on top of beef. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- To create a thicker sauce, create a slurry by combing 2 tablespoons of arrowroot with ¼ cup of liquid from the slow cooker. Set aside.
- 15-20 minutes before done cooking, remove lid and stir in the arrowroot slurry, then the frozen broccoli and red bell pepper. Cover and finish cooking.
- Serve immediately with cooked brown rice and a drizzle of sauce from the slow cooker. Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds before serving, if desired.
Tip: Adding the vegetables 15-20 minutes before done cooking will yield crisp-tender results. Cook longer for softer veggies.
Speaking of blog giveaways grab your FREE: 10 ways to save $ on Amazon
HAND PICKED RECIPES FOR YOU
- Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Slow Cooker Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Hearty Classic Beef Stew
- Zucchini Noodles with an Arrabbiata Sauce
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Roasted Garlic Dip
- Portobello Sage-Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Gluten-Free Garlic Parmesan Turkey Meatballs
- Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup
Below are my most recommended resources; you will love, moreover help you too!
Tailwind | Sign up for Free Trial!
SocialWarfare | The must have WordPress plugin
Hi there, I'm a Mom, Lifestyle Blogger, I'm sharing, Tips + Tricks, Inspiration, Motivation, Recipes, Travel, Family & Fun.