Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken.
This delicious, healthy slow cooker recipe is as easy as it is versatile. This flavor-packed chicken is perfect for your next Taco Tuesday!Print
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken. This delicious, healthy slow cooker recipe is as easy as it is versatile. This flavor-packed chicken is the perfect addition to your weekly Taco Tuesday for burrito bowls, lettuce wraps, or over a bed of flavorful cilantro-lime rice. Olé
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 10-oz. cans Rotel fire-roasted diced tomatoes & green chilies, undrained
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1½ T. hickory-flavored liquid smoke
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 2 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 limes, quartered
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Unroll and add chicken thighs to bottom of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock. Top with tomatoes, black beans, garlic, jalapeno pepper, liquid smoke, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine, making sure the chicken thighs are coated and submerged in the liquid.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. 30 minutes before done cooking, remove the lid and shred chicken while in the slow cooker with two forks. Stir to combine shredded chicken with other ingredients. Cover and cook for remaining 30 minutes to allow the chicken to absorb the flavors.
- Remove lid and squeeze fresh lime juice into the crock. Add cilantro and stir to combine. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- To serve, spoon chicken mixture over plain brown rice or cilantro-lime rice. Even top with cilantro-lime sauce if desired. Serve with remaining lime wedges. Enjoy!
Tip: Don’t skip the squeeze of fresh lime juice after cooking. It really brightens the flavors and pulls them all together.
Recommendation for another great chicken dish Rosemary Lemon Boneless Chicken Thighs
Hey, now don’t run off just yet to see if you have all the ingredients for this Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken, be sure you have subscribed so you do not miss out on future recipes, lifestyle tips or blog giveaways. Okay, my friends, it is now your turn, don’t forget to come back and let me know in the comments how it turned out for you! I want to hear all about it.
Speaking of blog giveaways grab your FREE: 10 ways to save $ on Amazon
Hi there, I’m a Mom, Food & Lifestyle Blogger, Follow along for Tips + Tricks, Inspiration, Motivation, Recipes, Travel, Family & Fun.