Slow Cooker Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Slow Cooker Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip is a classic. It is hot, cheesy and straightforward to make, pleasing any size crowd, an excellent appetizer for any tail-gaiting party and other get-togethers.Print
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This quick and easy Slow Cooker Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip appetizer is perfect for tail-gaiting parties and other informal get-togethers. Just toss all the ingredients into a slow cooker crock, turn it on, and voila! You have a tasty and delicious dish your guests will love. The amount of heat can be adjusted easily to suit individual tastes by increasing or decreasing the amount of hot sauce and jalapeno used. Although the serving suggestions offered below are gluten-free, this tasty dip can also serve with crackers or crusty bread.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 7 hours
- Total Time: 7 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. chicken broth, preferably organic*
- 3 stalks celery, very finely chopped
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
- ¾ c. Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely minced
- 6 oz. crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- 3 green onions, tops sliced (optional)
- 1 small jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add chicken breasts, chicken broth, celery, cream cheese, hot sauce, jalapeno pepper, and 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese in the crock of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or 6-7 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove the lid and shred chicken using two forks. Add shredded Mozzarella cheese and stir to combine. Add cover and continue cooking until cheese is all melted.
- Remove lid and garnish dip with remaining blue cheese, sliced green onions, or jalapeno, if desired. Keep warm and serve with celery stalks and carrot sticks.
*Tip: You may need to add additional chicken broth before serving to achieve desired consistency. The amount of heat can be adjusted easily to suit individual tastes by increasing or decreasing the amount of hot sauce and jalapeno used. Although the serving suggestions offered below are gluten-free, this tasty dip can also serve with crackers or crusty bread. I personally like the cheese on top crusty (not burnt ) add to a cast iron skillet or heavy-duty skillet of some sort than under the broiler for seconds for that golden brown look and cheese is crispy, Yes Please!
Hey now, don’t run off just yet to see if you have all the ingredients for this Slow Cooker Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip, be sure you have subscribed, so you do not miss out on future recipes, blogging tips, lifestyle tips or blog giveaways. Okay now, it is your turn, don’t forget to come back and let me know in the comments how it turned out for you!
Speaking of blog giveaways grab your FREE: 10 ways to save $ on Amazon
Hi, I’m Kim! I hope you will make this a daily stop, so you don’t miss out on all the great things that are coming your way, incredible recipes, freebies, printables, and so much more! Let’s connect! See ya soon!