Apple Feta-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
This flavorful Apple Feta-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin makes an elegant main course for any gathering. It pairs well with most side dishes and tastes even better as leftovers the next day. Assuming are any!Print
Apple and Feta-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
The key to success with this Apple Feta-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin recipe is to make sure you select pork tenderloin instead of a regular pork loin roast. Tenderloins are longer and narrower than loin roasts, and they normally weigh around 1 pound each. Therefore, a two-pound (or slightly larger) package will contain two individual pieces of meat. Butterfly both pieces by cutting halfway through the meat lengthwise, without cutting all the way through. Then, pound and stuff each piece as described below.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 75 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2–2½ lbs. pork tenderloin, butterflied
- ½ c. unsweetened apple juice
- ½ c. Riesling, or other sweet white wine
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small Gala apples, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c. white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 T. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. ground cloves
- 1/3 c. dates chopped
- 6 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- Let pork tenderloin rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, but not more than 2 hours, before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine apple juice and white wine in a small bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on a clean, dry work surface. Add the butterflied tenderloins on top of the plastic and cover with a second sheet of plastic wrap. Pound the pork tenderloin with a meat tenderizing mallet or a rolling pin for meat until it is approximately 1/3” thick throughout. Season lightly with salt and black pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped apples, red onion, and mushrooms. Cook, occasionally stirring, until the apples are soft and mushrooms and onion browned approximately 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add rosemary, cinnamon, and cloves to the skillet and cook for another minute or two, or until the spices become fragrant. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped dates and Feta.
- Spread the stuffing mixture onto the prepared pork tenderloins and roll up tightly. Secure the roasts with butcher string or premium toothpicks.
- Carefully transfer the tenderloins to a large roasting pan. Using a pastry brush, coat the outside of each roast with the apple cider/wine mixture, then pour half of the remaining liquid into the pan. Sprinkle roasts lightly with salt and black pepper, if desired, before placing the roasting pan into the pre-heated oven.
- Baste the pork with the remaining apple cider mixture every 10-15 minutes while it cooks. Check for doneness after 50 minutes and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the pork reads just below 145°F. (Temperature will increase while the meat rests).
- Remove from oven and cover pan loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before removing the butcher string or premium toothpicks. Slice and serve immediately with a drizzle of pan juices. Enjoy!
Tip: Total cooking time will vary due to a number of factors, including individual oven temperatures, the thickness of the roasts, and the starting internal temperature of the meat. Check temperature after 50 minutes and adjust final cooking time accordingly.
PIN IT FOR LATER! Follow Kim Schob on Pinterest!
You May Also Like…
Hey now, don’t run off just yet to see if you have all the ingredients for this Apple Feta-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, be sure you have subscribed so you do not miss out on future recipes, blogging tips, lifestyle tips or blog giveaways. Okay, my friends, it is now your turn, don’t forget to come back and let me know in the comments how it turned out for you! I want to hear all about it.
Speaking of blog giveaways grab your FREE: 10 ways to save $ on Amazon.
Hi, I’m Kim! I hope you will make this a daily stop, so you don’t miss out on all the great things that are coming your way, incredible recipes, freebies, printables, and so much more! We have what you need when you need it! Let’s connect! See ya soon!